Mobile now is a pivotal part of the omnichannel customer experience. Join the VP of Media & Acquisition at Dollar Shave Club to learn how how they’ve used mobile — and mobile data — to strengthen customer experience and conversion across all channels.
By definition, omnichannel means breaking down the barriers between different channels.There’s no such thing as a smartphone user. There’s also no such thing as a tablet user or a web user. All three different types of users are one and the same; they’re merely hopping from one experience to another to get the job done depending on their current need state.
As the statistics from Google Research showed, 90 percent of Americans use multiple screens sequentially to accomplish a task over time, and 98 percent move between devices that same day. If your omnichannel strategy isn’t taking into account all of these consumers, then it’s not an omnichannel strategy.
The challenge, however, is that many organizations are relying on distinct indicators for measuring performance, such as point-of-sale data, or web conversion and ignoring the progression of the customer journey across channels — which includes mobile significantly. But how do you break down not only mobile’s role in driving engagement and conversions, and how do you leverage it to the fullest when it impacts other channels?
How should companies view mobile apps in comparison to the mobile web? What role should mobile play in the wider customer journey? What tactics are critical to have in your toolkit that will maximize the potential of mobile?
In part two of our five-part Masters of Mobile Data series, Brian Kim, VP of Media & Acquisition at Dollar Shave Club, will review his successes and failures in establishing a winning omnichannel experience for consumers. With Dollar Shave Club valued last year at $630 million, certainly Kim has had a lot more successes, which he will be glad to share.
To bring together your online channels seamlessly, and dig into the many specifics of how mobile drives the omnichannel customer journey, join Kim and VB analyst Wendy Schuchart for this VB Live event.
Don’t miss out!
In this VB Live event, you’ll learn:
- How to think about mobile apps versus the web, and the role of mobile in the wider customer journey
- How omnichannel marketers integrate user preferences and profile information across multiple sources
- Mobile strategies that work in an omnichannel environment (hint: it’s more than in-app messaging and email)
- Techniques for leveraging user-knowledge to personalize messages across channels
- Brian Kim, VP of Media & Acquisition, Dollar Shave Club
- Brian Monahan, Former CMO Walmart.com, CEO/Founder NewCo
- Paul Mander, Director Solutions Consulting, mParticle
- Stewart Rogers, Director of Marketing Technology, VentureBeat
- Rachael Brownell, Moderator, VentureBeat
This VB Live event is sponsored by mParticle.