Did you miss GamesBeat Summit 2021? Watch on-demand here!
Minecraft: Story Mode topped the list of the most popular gaming videos on YouTube in the month of June.
The lists are an indicator of consumer interest in the biggest video games, which were in the spotlight in June because of the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), the biggest U.S. game tradeshow that took place in mid-June.
While E3 highlighted many upcoming games, fans on YouTube flocked to videos about Minecraft: Story Mode, which saw its sixth episode released during the month. In second place was the horror game Dead by Daylight. Here’s the full list below:
- Minecraft: Story Mode
- Dead by Daylight
- Mirror’s Edge Catalyst
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
- Hearts of Iron IV
- Planet Coaster
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Surgeon Simulator 2013
- Watch Dogs 2
- ARMA 3
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties