All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
Y Combinator (YC) is packing its bags for its latest whirlwind adventure, as it gears up to visit startups and entrepreneurs around the world. The startup accelerator plans to visit 11 countries this fall, including Nigeria, Denmark, Portugal, Sweden, Germany, Russia, India (for the first time), Argentina, Chile, Mexico City, and Israel.
As the firm “graduates” its latest batch of startups later this month, it’s time to gear up for yet another tour. Silicon Valley is increasingly looking to international entrepreneurs, and Y Combinator and 500 Startups are among the top organizations to curate these hopeful startups. Partner Kat Manalac explained that YC has seen applications from “exciting companies” in the aforementioned countries, and said “we’d like to encourage more founders to consider applying.”
The 11 countries were selected for various reasons — YC has a growing alumni community in some, but his will be the accelerator’s inaugural visit to others , and “we figured it’s about time.” One of these new locations is India, the country that has submitted the second-highest number of applications to YC’s program.
From September 5 through October 1, partners from the firm will spend at least a day holding office hours and fireside chats in one of these locales: Michael Seibel and chief operating officer Qasar Younis will spend their time in Africa, while Jared Friedman, Carolynn Levy, and Kirsty Nathoo will be in Europe. Tim Brady and Adora Cheung are visiting India, Manalac and Kevin Hale will tour Latin America, and Aaron Harris is traveling to Israel.
Here’s the full schedule:
- September 5-7: Tel Aviv, Israel
- September 20-21: Copenhagen, Denmark
- September 21: Lisbon, Portugal
- September 22: Delhi, India
- September 22: Buenos Aires, Arentina
- September 23: Stockholm, Sweden
- September 23-26: Lagos, Nigeria
- September 25: Bangalore, India
- September 26: Santiago, Chile
- September 26: Berlin, Germany
- September 27: Abuja, Nigeria
- September 28-30: Moscow, Russia
- September 29-October 1: Mexico City, Mexico
This isn’t the first time that YC has done a tour like this or extended itself overseas. It’s brought its Startup School event to London and last fall, it launched a college event series to meet with student entrepreneurs.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more