Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
Respawn Entertainment is releasing six new Titans to play in Titanfall 2 multiplayer (the new modes have drawn some criticism, but we think people are wrong).
Titanfall 2 is one of the major shooter games coming this fall, and it EA publishes it October 28 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. In the game, you’ll play as the pilot of giant mechs known as Titans. Each has a different capability. This gives the fighting a great deal of variability, and players have to develop different skills and tactics for each Titan, making for a much more complex game.
So far Respawn has shown off Ion, Scorch, and a little bit of Ronin. Over the next several days, the studio will reveal the remaining three Titans in Titanfall 2: Northstar, Legion, and Tone. Here is a quick look at what you can look forward to as you get familiar with the Titans for Titanfall 2:
- Tone is about accurately laying waste to enemies both efficiently – and explosively.
- Northstar is a master of both flight and precision kills.
- Legion uses ballistic abilities focusing on defense and control.
- Ronin: Ronin has a samurai vibe, and is quick to get in and out tactics.
- Ion: Ion uses it’s energy management abilities to divert power between it’s three weapons systems.
- Scorch: Scorch manipulates fire as it’s primary source of both defensive and offensive abilities.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties