A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Epic Games has announced a new wave of recipients for its Unreal Dev Grants, which gives no-strings-attached funding to people, groups, and developers that work with Epic’s Unreal Engine 4 design tools. The developer plans to give out $5 million as part of the program in total. Epic announced the last wave of recipients earlier this month, which received a total of $100,000.
This time, Epic has awarded $50,000 to six developers, programmers, and artists that have helped others learn how to use the game development tool. Recipients include:
- Mathew Wadstein, a developer who creates Unreal Engine 4 tutorials on his YouTube channel.
- Muhammad A. Moniem, a programmer who creates free tutorials for Unreal Engine 4 on his website.
- Jan Kaluza, an independent developer that is creating a platformer with Unreal Engine 4 called Floppy & the Sleepy Planet.
- Cedric Neukirchen, a student that created the free Sound Visualization Plugin for Unreal Engine 4. He also creates tutorials.
- VirtusEdu Learning Hub, a YouTube channel with videos on how to build games, including several covering Unreal Engine 4.
- Fabrice Bourrelly, a 3D artist that has made YouTube tutorials for creating architectural projects in Unreal Engine 4.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties