Join GamesBeat Summit 2021 this April 28-29. Register for a free or VIP pass today.
This week, Travis and Stewart talk with Ray Beharry, who is not only the CEO of Pollfish — a mobile survey solution — but an adjunct instructor at NYU. In other words, he’s a very smart man, and he delivers takeaway after takeaway to help you win in today’s mobile-driven market.
In the news, we discuss some seriously intelligent retail solutions that marry machine learning, mobile, and online sales with interactive mirrors via CheckOut. There’s also talk of messaging app Line’s apparent flatlining, and we reveal how Pokémon GO has managed to reach the $600 million mark faster than any mobile game in history.
Also, this is our first week trying out new designs for our podcast. We’ve chosen four designers and will showcase their concepts over the next four weeks. If you want to contribute a design, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your illustration of Stewart and Travis.
This week, we are also going to try out a new format featuring the show highlights. Listen to the show, and tune in to what you want to hear. Or just listen to the whole thing. It is 30 minutes of solid gold.
Listen to the 25th episode of the VB Engage podcast, and you will hear:
- News of the week [1:24]
- CheckOut is an augmented reality in-store experience [1:34]
Checkout uses machine learning and online retail sales [1:50]
- Find the right product online [2:22]
- Circles in mobile engagement [2:35]
- The journey of a mobile SDK pilot [5:08]
- Allow customers to show interest [5:17]
- Developing flat forms to allow the shoppers to click an item of interest [5:38]
- Talking about messaging apps [6:11]
- Line is a great example of why first-market advantage makes such a big difference [6:40]
- Focus on enterprise messaging [7:36]
- How are they going to compete with Slack? [7:50]
- Talking about the growth pattern [8:10]
- WeChat and its greatness [9:11]
- Facebook Workplace [10:32]
- Additional mobile apps [11:13]
Fox News, Faux News? Let’s just call it Fox [11:43]
- Pokemon Go: fastest mobile game to $600 million [12:54]
- Making money in mobile engagement [14:39]
- Time spent for game apps [14:51]
- Lesson from today’s podcast [15:58]
- Thanks to our sponsor: Make more money with MailChimp [17:13]
- End of news segment [17:40]
- Introducing Ray Beharry, CEO of Pollfish [18:00]
- The importance of startups [20:08]
- Ways to reach customers [21:09]
- Would you have your smartphone implanted in your body? [21:45]
- Customers first [24:51]
- Knowing the customer and their journey [26:23]
- Recognizing who you are marketing to [8:57] + [26:37]
- Understanding the stage that you’re in [27:07]
- Dealing with the customer and how they want to be served [27:15]
- How do I help my customer better than the next guy does? [27:38]
- Knowing your customer/competitors [29:04]
- Creativity [29:21]
- Understanding your purpose [29:38]
- Are we helping people all the way? [29:48]
- How can marketers utilize mobile surveys for research and business? [31:25]
- Podcast recap [31:45]
- See you next week for Episode 26, with Matt Asay, VP of mobile at Adobe Marketing Cloud [32:05]
Thanks for tuning in this week. We appreciate your awesomeness.
Do you like the new show notes style? Are these helpful to you? Let us know. Or not. Stay tuned. Or not. Subscribe, rate, and review. Or not. (We don’t want to make you do anything you don’t want to do.)
See you next week with Episode 26, which marks exactly half of a year! Six months! Celebrate good times, c’mon. It’s a celebration. But not yet, please hold your celebrations until next week.
If you missed last week’s episode with Mark Ghermezian, CEO at Appboy, fear not. You can listen to it right here.
Thanks to our sponsor MailChimp for helping to make VB Engage possible.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more