But plenty of other Macs were left out of Apple’s rather sparse October 27 event, despite rumors suggesting otherwise. Let us count the ways.
- iMac: Apple’s all-in-one PC hasn’t seen an update since October 13, 2015, or 380 days. Although Microsoft sorta released one yesterday.
- Mac Pro: Apple hasn’t updated its cylindrical desktop machine for 1,043 days — it was unveiled October 22, 2013 but launched in December of that year.
- Mac Mini: Apple’s budget desktop machine hasn’t been updated in 742 days, when it was unveiled on October 16, 2014.
- MacBook: But we expected that. Apple updated its MacBooks in June, 191 days ago.
While the new MacBook Pros look pretty slick, fans of Apple’s desktop computers can’t be too happy today. Guess we have to wait ’til spring?
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more