360-Degree, Smart Home Security Camera Follows Moving Objects, Detects Baby Crying and Provides Two-Way Audio for $99
SEATTLE–(BUSINESS WIRE)–November 21, 2016–
YI Technology (YI), the leading, international provider of advanced, intelligent imaging technologies, today introduced its 360-degree, smart home security camera, the YI Dome Camera 1080p, adding to YI’s comprehensive offering of smart home systems for every budget and need. The high definition (HD), professional grade camera is a fraction of the price of competitors at $99.99 and is available today for presale with retail availability starting on November 21. The company also announced its opt-in cloud service platform, YI Cloud, which offers unlimited video content storage for up to five cameras.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161121005351/en/
Dome Camera 1080p by YI Technology (Photo: Business Wire)
“Many people today are juggling full time jobs, caring for families, elderly parents, businesses and more, making it difficult to keep an eye on everything in and around their home or business,” said Sean Da, CEO of YI Technology. “Smart living technology solutions offer a way to lessen the stress of a busy lifestyle but are cost prohibitive for a lot of people. With our Dome Camera 1080p we are hoping to offer peace of mind for anyone who wants to create a safer, more connected environment whether it’s keeping an eye on their baby, pets or delivery person.”
The YI Dome Camera 1080p records and captures panoramic scenes in high-definition for complete coverage and practically zero blind spots. It offers object tracking, which points, tilts and zooms to follow objects as they move anywhere within the 360-degree coverage range. For new parents, the baby crying detection feature powered by audio identification technology, can identify the mood of the voice and send a unique “Baby Crying” alert message. Users can also live-stream content from their PC or the YI Home app, available for iOS and Android devices.
YI Cloud is an optional video storage subscription, which offers users up to 30 days of unlimited photo and video storage. The motion detection service plan supports up to five cameras with no additional cost so users can cover their entire home while only paying for one cloud storage plan. Full CVR plan is available at pricing per camera. In addition, YI also offers a free option in which users access locally stored content history on a 32G MicroSD card.
The YI Dome Camera 1080p is smarter and more advanced than other home cameras on the market:
- Complete, 360-Degree Coverage: Featuring a 112-degree wide-angle lens and rotation range of 345-degree horizontal and 115-degree vertical rotation to provide full 360-degree coverage.
- Precise Motion Detection: Sensitive motion detection algorithms accurately detect the slightest movements and alert the user immediately.
- Simple to Control: Offers “Auto-Cruise” mode and bookmarks for easy access to preferred camera angles.
- Alerts that Matter: Receive 10-second motion tracking mobile alerts and baby crying detection thanks to audio identification technology.
- Multiple Ways to View: Real-time viewing via PC and the YI Home app available for iOS and Android. 32G MicroSD card for up to 60+ hours of 1080p HD continuous recordings and secured on the YI Cloud.
- Advanced Image Capture: High-performance night vision with 8 built-in 940nm infrared LED beads extend the viewing distance to 3 meters in pitch dark with no light pollution.
- Energy Saving Efficiency & Security: “Auto-masking” mode ensures no recording while the device is not in use. Ensures that the camera is not recording when it is not wanted.
- Two-Way Audio: Check in with loved ones through two-way audio or connect to live video; Also includes intercom and hand-free modes.
- Panoramic Snapshots: Take quick snapshots and easily record videos with a 360-degree viewing angle.
- Easy Installation: Vertical, wall mount and ceiling installation options.
- Simple and Flexible Storage Options: YI Dome Camera 1080p loop records motion detected or continuous videos on local storage (Class 4 and MicroSD card sold separately) or on the YI Cloud Standard Plan, for up to five cameras.
Pricing & Availability
YI Dome Camera 1080p is available today for presale for $99.99 via Amazon.com. It will be available for sale at www.yitechnology.com as well as Amazon on November 21, 2016.
YI Cloud will be available beginning in December 2016 in four different plan options, starting at $9.99 per month. For more information on the cloud storage plans please visit: bit.ly/yicloud.
About YI Technology
YI Technology is a leading, international provider of advanced, intelligent imaging technologies, products, services and platforms. Its development team consists of industry-leading experts from the US, China, Japan, Israel and Europe with several decades of combined experience in imaging technology, algorithms, data analysis, cloud computing and mobile applications. YI is committed to using innovative technology to make everyday life safer, richer and more fun. For more information visit www.yitechnology.com.
Find and like us on social media:
Blanc & Otus for YI Technology
Jennifer Pierce, 415-856-5152
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more