New analytics engine for users allows anyone to receive fast, accurate imaging analysis for key clinical conditions, by simply uploading their scans to Zebra’s online system
SHEFAYIM, Israel–(BUSINESS WIRE)–November 22, 2016–
Zebra Medical Vision (https://www.zebra-med.com/), the leading machine learning imaging analytics company, is launching Profound (http://profound.zebra-med.com) – a breakthrough service intended to help millions of people receive fast, accurate medical image analysis nearly instantly, over the web. The company’s new service allows people to upload their medical imaging scans such as CTs and Mammograms to Zebra’s online service, and receive an automated analysis for key clinical conditions.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161122005640/en/
(Photo: Business Wire)
“We are all anxious about our health. Undergoing an imaging scan such as a CT or a Mammogram is stressful for many people, often compounded by a long wait for results, with additional follow-up tests and examinations.” said Elad Benjamin, co-founder and CEO of Zebra Medical Vision. “Profound can help alleviate some of the anxiety involved by providing a second opinion for certain scans, or discovering key findings which were overlooked in others.”
Profound, launching today, will allow users from Europe, Asia, the Pacific Rim and Latin America to receive analysis highlighting the presence of the following conditions, by simply uploading these scans to the Zebra platform:
- Osteoporosis: Low bone density that is often found in men and women above the age of 55, and is accompanied by higher susceptibility to hip or other bone fractures
- Compression Fractures: Fractures in the vertebral arteries that indicate Osteoporosis has already set in and should be examined more closely.
- Fatty Liver: A condition often associated with pre-diabetics, and a warning signal for some who may develop advanced liver disease.
- Coronary Calcium: Presence of calcium deposits in the coronary arteries are a strong predictor of cardiovascular events such as a heart attack or stroke.
- Emphysema: The presence of trapped air in the lungs indicates more, by simply uploading their latest scans to the platform. The company will continue to add clinical capabilities on a regular basis with the goal of providing a comprehensive health analysis based on imaging data.
- Aortic Aneurysms: A bulge in the main blood vessel carrying blood from our heart to the rest of our body. If the aorta bursts, serious bleeding occurs, which can quickly lead to death.
- Additional algorithms, such as analysis of mammograms, will be added in the near future
“Our analysis does not replace a physician or a proper medical examination. We urge anyone who is suspicious in any way of their health condition to seek professional medical advice,” Mr. Benjamin added. “But with Profound, we hope to empower users to better manage and understand their health, promoting a better discourse with their physicians, which will lead to better care for everyone.”
About Zebra Medical Vision:
From research to reality and commercialization, Zebra Medical Vision uses big data to deliver large scale clinical research platforms and next generation imaging analytics services to the healthcare industry. Its Imaging Analytics allow healthcare institutions to identify patients at risk of disease, and offer improved, preventative treatment pathways to improve patient care. The Zebra Research Platform provides researchers the largest structured clinical data set globally, and makes it available for research, including a complete development, hosting, storage and computing environment, and follow-on regulatory and commercialization services. Headquartered in Kibbutz Shefayim Israel, the Company was founded in 2014 by Co-Founders Eyal Toledano, Eyal Gura, and Elad Benjamin and funded by OurCrowd, Marc Benioff, Khosla Ventures, and the Intermountain Healthcare innovation fund. For more information visit www.zebra-med.com.
Company Media Contact:
Alona Stein, +972 50-7782344(Cell)
Blonde 2.0 for Zebra Medical Vision
The audio problem: Learn how new cloud-based API solutions are solving imperfect, frustrating audio in video conferences. Access here