Join Transform 2021 for the most important themes in enterprise AI & Data. Learn more.
Everyone, get in here — to open some card packs!
This morning, Blizzard Entertainment released Mean Streets of Gadgetzan, the fourth expansion to Hearthstone. It adds 132 cards to the leader in the $1.2 billion global digital card-game market, and it introduces new features as well:
- Tri-class cards: Each of Gadetzan’s three gangs represent three of the game’s hero classes, and these cards are useable by any of the classes in the group. The Grimy Goons are the Hunter, Paladin, and Warrior; the Jade Lotus are the Druid, Rogue, and Shaman; and the Kabal are the Mage, Priest, and Warlock.
- The Jade Golem: Each time you play one of these walking statues, it buffs the next one. They start at 1 attack and 1 health and snowball from there.
- Making spells: With the Mage legendary Kazakus, you can craft a unique spell.
I couldn’t wait to tear open these packs, and I decided that this time around, I’d do it on a Facebook Live stream. How man legendaries did I get? Take a look and see — along with some cool animations I scored from golden cards.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties