Old games are better than new games. That’s one of science’s few incontrovertible facts. It has nothing to do with me being age 12 when I played old games. That’s merely a coincidence.
Sony is dropping its anti-science stance against old games, and it is bringing back some of its most beloved franchises. That includes the Wipeout Omega Collection and remasters of PaRappa The Rapper, LocoRoco, and Patapon. Omega Collection brings back content from Wipeout HD, Fury, and 2048 into one package. PaRappa, LocoRoco, and Patapon, meanwhile, will feature upgrades to support modern resolutions — that includes 4K on PS4 Pro. PaRappa is also getting a demo that’s available on the PlayStation 4 today.
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) December 3, 2016
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties