Join GamesBeat Summit 2021 this April 28-29. Register for a free or VIP pass today.
We knew Nintendo would be showing off the mobile game Super Mario Run on The Tonight Show, but the Japanese company surprised host Jimmy Fallon by showing off live gameplay of the Nintendo Switch for the first time, the portable/home console hybrid that’s coming out in March.
Fallon, the lucky son of a gun, actually got to play the device and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the next installment in the fantasy series that promises more open gameplay than any title in the franchise before. You can check out his time with the Switch and Zelda (along with Super Mario Run) in the video above.
Spoiler: Fallon likes it.
And, as a bonus, enjoy Fallon’s house band The Roots playing the Mario theme with the character’s creator, Shigeru Miyamoto.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties