Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
You can soon run with Mario wherever you are. Nintendo just showed off its hybrid Switch console and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon, but the company also dedicated a bulk of the segment to the imminent release of Super Mario Run. Following the presentation on the late-night NBC talk show, Nintendo released a pair of videos for its mobile Mario running app. One video explains how the game works and some of the modes players will find when they drop $10 to purchase it (after downloading it for free) after it debuts for iPhone on December 15. The other is a live-action promotional trailer. You can find the info video below and the live-action trailer above.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties