1) Trivago, the German hotel search platform that is majority owned by online travel firm Expedia, raised $287 million in an IPO this week, far below expectations.
3) E2v Technologies, a UK-based electronics manufacturer, is set to be acquired by Teledyne Technologies for £620 million.
4) Amazon has started a small private drone delivery trial in the UK.
5) London-based online takeout company Just Eat has acquired its former competitor Hungryhouse from Berlin-based Delivery Hero for £200 million.
6) In related news, Delivery Hero has acquired competition site Foodpanda in a sale made by German “startup factory” and investor Rocket Internet.
7) Google is combining its tech might with London-based startup Improbable to launch a joint program that will help game developers build and test virtual worlds.
8) Cambridge, UK-based airfare prediction app Hopper has raised $61 million in a Series C round led by Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ).
9) HMD Global, the Finnish company that owns the rights to use the Nokia brand on mobile phones, announced its first new products on Tuesday; two basic handsets without internet access priced at $26 before local taxes and subsidies.
10) Bulgarian seed stage VC fund LAUNCHub Ventures has closed its new €18 million fund to invest in startups in Bulgaria and Southeast Europe.
You can subscribe to Tech.eu’s newsletter here.