While thousands of people headed to Best Buy this morning for a chance to buy a Nintendo console that has 8-bit graphics, some of the publisher’s other fans are worried that Nintendo’s next system won’t have the horsepower to keep up with Sony and Microsoft. GamesBeat lead writer Dean Takahashi reported last week that the Nintendo Switch hybrid home/handheld gaming device will run on a custom Tegra chip from Nvidia that uses the older Maxwell architecture. And it’s looking like Switch won’t match the PlayStation 4 or possibly even the Xbox One in terms of graphical capabilities. That has plenty of people wondering if Nintendo’s next platform will falter because of its visuals.
We decided to podcast to answer that question and more. Host Jeffrey Grubb talks with his cohort and subordinate Mike Minotti as well as Dean Takahashi about that and more in this week’s GamesBeat Decides podcast.
- Does the Maxwell chip make Nintendo Switch inferior?
- Did Nintendo goof up by making Super Mario Run $10?
- What are the 5 best Star Wars games?
How to listen:
- Watch the episode live every Monday on our Facebook page, just hit the Like button to get notifications.
- Watch the recording on YouTube.
- Subscribe to our podcast RSS feed using a podcatcher app.
- Subscribe on iTunes (also please leave us a review to help other people learn about the show!).
- Subscribe on Google Play Music.
- Subscribe on Stitcher.
- Or click play below: