Join GamesBeat Summit 2021 this April 28-29. Register for a free or VIP pass today.
2016 was a big year for gaming. If you want proof, you just need to read our game of the year lists.
We spent the last several days putting together our picks for our favorite games of 2016. Each of our GamesBeat staff members wrote up their own lists, and we also have a unified selection of our 10 favorite digital experiences. So before you begin salivating for all of those upcoming 2017 titles, make sure you’ve tried as many of these great games from 2016 first.
- The 10 best games of 2016 and GamesBeat’s Game of the Year
- GamesBeat managing editor Jason Wilson’s top 10 games of 2016
- GamesBeat lead writer Dean Takahashi’s top 10 games of 2016
- GamesBeat reporter Jeff Grubb’s top 10 games of 2016
- GamesBeat community manager Mike Minotti’s top 10 games of 2016
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties