Join Transform 2021 for the most important themes in enterprise AI & Data. Learn more.
That start is faster than the launch of King’s previous Saga game, Farm Heroes Super Saga, based on the first two weeks of downloads, said Randy Nelson, head of mobile insights at Sensor Tower. But it’s about half the download rate of Candy Crush Jelly Saga.
The bubble-shooter game transports players to a magical, bubble-filled wonderland, with characters Stella the witch and Wilbur the lazy fat cat. I’m not sure why it’s a popular game, but maybe it has something to do with how you can free owls trapped in bubbles. The game has more than 220 levels.
Activision Blizzard bought King last year for $5.9 billion. King had 394 million monthly active users in the third quarter across its 200 games.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties