Microsoft is continuing to make huge moves with its Minecraft brand, and that could lead to some even bigger changes in the future.
On this week’s GamesBeat Decides podcast, host Jeffrey Grubb and co-host Mike Minotti go over the news from the last week. Then in the second half of the show, they speculate on what it means that Minecraft is going free-to-play in China while it gets a marketplace where players can sell content to one another.
Is this a precursor to one of gaming’s biggest hits going free-to-play everywhere? Listen to hear what we decide.
Listen to the GamesBeat Decides podcast
- Subscribe on iTunes, Google Play Music, or Stitcher
- GB Decides on Facebook
- Watch live on Twitch
- Watch on YouTube
- Subscribe to the RSS
In addition to Minecraft, Jeff and Mike check in on Overwatch and its latest cooperative event. Is this what we want from the shooter? We’ll make a decision about that as well.
Join us, won’t you?
Click play below for the audio version or on the video above:
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties