Join gaming leaders, alongside GamesBeat and Facebook Gaming, for their 2nd Annual GamesBeat & Facebook Gaming Summit | GamesBeat: Into the Metaverse 2 this upcoming January 25-27, 2022. Learn more about the event.
Titanfall 2‘s next batch of downloadable content is A Glitch in the Frontier, and it launches April 25. This DLC pack includes the new Glitch map, which is a medium-sized arena for both pilot- and Titan-based matches. Respawn is also including the new Deck map for its pilot-only Live Fire mode. To best serve Live Fire’s quick, 60-second matches, Deck is a compact space with tight corridors.
As always, this DLC is completely free. Respawn and publisher Electronic Arts instead make extra money from Titanfall 2 by selling cosmetic items to the most dedicated players. Of course, by giving away free content like new maps to every player, Respawn and EA are potentially engaging and reengaging players who may choose to spend more money on optional items, and that is one of the main motivations behind this ongoing support for a game like Titanfall 2.
In addition to the new maps, A Glitch in the Frontier will also feature a new faction to join in multiplayer, a new game mode, and a higher level cap.
The 2nd Annual GamesBeat and Facebook Gaming Summit and GamesBeat: Into the Metaverse 2
January 25 – 27, 2022
Here’s a break down of all the big additions:
- Glitch map general multiplayer modes.
- Deck map for Live Fire.
- Join the M.R.V.N. Faction in multiplayer.
- Marked for Death mode, which was in the original Titanfall and has players going after a VIP on the opposing team.
- A new main menu with tiles for news and more.
- Max level is now 100.
- New icons.
- You can now choose which executions your Prime Titans perform.
- Live Fire mode now works in private matches.
That’s a lot new stuff for Titanfall 2 — especially when you consider that more is going to follow in the next eight weeks. For now, however, I’m going to hop back into my Tone and fire some missiles and then maybe I’ll fire even more missiles.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties