Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
One of the best things that Nintendo added to Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U is its blistering-fast 200cc racing tier, and now that the Deluxe version of this game is out soon, I’m going to attempt to conquer this mode once and for all.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe launches for Switch on April 28, and we still love the racer even if it hasn’t added a ton of new stuff. In my opinion, it’s the best Mario Kart ever made and an absolute must-have for anyone who didn’t own Nintendo’s last home console. And now that I have a way to play it whenever and wherever I am, I’m dedicating myself to taking on the 200cc mode.
I’m calling it “Perfect 200cc Quest,” and here are the rules:
- I must get first place in every race in every cup in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s 200cc mode (this is how you get the gold trophy with 3 stars).
- I will do each cup in order.
- And I cannot move on from a cup until I get the 3-star trophy.
Sounds simple? Well, it’s not. I’m anticipating a lot of frustration and cussing out last-second blue shells. Join me, won’t you?
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
I’ve uploaded two episodes so far, and you can watch them right here:
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties