Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
We’re wrapping up our preview specials for the Electronic Entertainment Expo trade show here on the GamesBeat Decides podcast, and that means it’s time to get into Nintendo.
On this episode, hosts Mike Minotti and Jeffrey Grubb talk about Super Mario Odyssey, a Rabbids crossover game that’s happening for some reason, and the chances of seeing Nintendo resurrect some of its dormant franchises. Mike and Jeff also discuss piece together why it makes a lot of sense for Nintendo to introduce a new Metroid now — and why if that classic sci-fi series doesn’t show up, it probably won’t again for the foreseeable future.
Other games we expect from Nintendo at E3 include Super Smash Bros. Deluxe for the Switch and a new Pokémon. But the big question is whether the publisher will make the move to put its megapopular pocket monsters on the Switch later in 2017 or if we’ll have to keep catching Trubbish on our 3DSes until 2018.
We talk about all that and more, and all you have to do is listen.
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
Listen to the GamesBeat Decides podcast
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, or Stitcher
- Listen on Cast
- GB Decides on Facebook
- Watch live on Twitch
- Watch on YouTube
- Subscribe to the RSS
- You can win a MyArcade wireless NES Classic Edition Controller.
- Just email or tweet us your NES memories
In addition to E3, we also go over the news and talk about some recent releases.
Games on this week’s show:
- Star Trek: Bridge Crew
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind
Check out the audio version below, or you can listen on YouTube by clicking play on the video at the top of this post:
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties