Elevate your enterprise data technology and strategy at Transform 2021.
Microsoft said today it will make original Xbox games backward compatible with its Xbox One X and Xbox One S video game consoles.
The Xbox maker issued the announcement at its press event ahead of the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3). Phil Spencer, head of Xbox at Microsoft, said onstage that Microsoft has 385 games from the Xbox 360 that are compatible with the Xbox One. But he said that the company had heard requests from fans to do more.
So Microsoft will now add games from the original Xbox to its list of games that are now compatible, including cult hit Crimson Skies. And if you have Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 2, Minecraft, Halo Wars 2, and others, then you will get Xbox One X upgrades for free.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties