A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Sony introduced a virtual reality edition of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim at its Electronic Entertainment Expo event in Los Angeles today. It will run on Sony’s PlayStation VR platform. We did not learn about a release date.
Skyrim first came out in 2011, but we’re still seeing new releases for the game. A remastered version came out last year, and the Nintendo Switch is getting its own Skyrim, too.
At its press event yesterday, Bethesda also announced VR versions of Doom and Fallout 4. Now Skyrim is getting the same treatment. The publisher seems all-in on virtual reality.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties