One of Microsoft’s biggest games for next year is a silly multiplayer pirate simulator, and we got a chance to play it once again at the Electronic Entertainment Expo trade show in Los Angeles.
Developer Rare has spent the last couple of years producing Sea of Thieves, and it’s starting to look and feel rock solid. After demoing sea battles last year, the studio decided to show off a mission where a band of pirates — all played by real people — have to find treasure on an island. That’s what we played, and you can watch it in the video above.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties