All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
While the Necromancer is probably not enough to get most players back into Blizzard’s action role-playing adventure, the character is still a blast to play. The Necro’s most exciting attack is the corpse explosion, which enables you to make a downed foe’s body explode and take other opponents down with them. Punching the key for Corpse Explosion over a pile of bloody torsos is satisfying — it’s like squeezing bubble wrap.
To experience that action for myself, I (GamesBeat PC gaming editor Jeffrey Grubb) had fellow staff writer Mike Minotti guide me through using the character. You can watch our necrotic adventures in the video above.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties