LawBreakers is just a week away from its August 8 launch for PlayStation 4 and PC. And now director Cliff Bleszinski revealed today that his studio, Boss Key Productions, is teaming up with Twitch to offer in-game cosmetic items to subscribers of the streaming site’s premium service.
Twitch Prime members will unlock a character skin, three weapon skins, four weapon stickers, and the Kappa (an emoticon popular with Twitch users) account portrait.
The subscription gives its members ad-free viewing and a way to support streamers with free subscriptions, but it also doles out in-game goodies like this. Modern hits like Overwatch and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds have had similar promotions.
Twitch Prime is included with Amazon Prime, an $11 a month subscription that gives Amazon users discounts and free shipping.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties