All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
The Casual Connect USA conference in Seattle earlier this week hosted the 19th Indie Prize Awards. It honored nine games from smaller studios across the world, including the U.S., China, Brazil, and Colombia, with World War Doh winning Best in Show — Audience Choice.
The judges included representatives from notable gaming companies, including Rovio, Execution Labs, and Game Founders.
You can find a full list of nominees here. We’ve listed the winners below.
- Best Game Audio: Fhacktions by Posibillian Tech (Paraguay)
- Best Game Design: Phantom Brigade by Tetragonworks (United States)
- Best Game Art: Sand Stories by Sensory Studio Games (United States)
- Best Game Narrative: Beholder by Alawar Entertainment (Estonia/Russia)
- Best Multiplayer Game: Treadnauts by Topstitch Games (United States)
- Best Kids and Family Game: Light Tracer by Oasis Games/Void Dimensions (China)
- Best Mobile Game: Until Dead – Think to Survive by Monomyth Game Studio (Brazil)
- Most Innovative Game: G30 by Ivan Kovalov (Ukraine)
- Best in Show — Audience Choice: World War Doh by Brainz (Colombia)
World War Doh is a 1-vs.-1 real-time strategy game for mobile. You can see it in action in the above trailer.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties