Elevate your enterprise data technology and strategy at Transform 2021.
Microsoft delayed Crackdown 3 to next year, and the publisher doesn’t have a lot of other releases from its internal studios to fill in the gaps for its upcoming holiday season. On this week’s episode of the GamesBeat Decides podcast, managing editor Jason Wilson, reviews editor Mike Minotti, and I (PC gaming editor Jeffrey Grubb) try to figure out what the hell Microsoft is doing.
The Xbox One X is launching November 7 for $500, and Microsoft is focusing on what the upgraded console will do for your existing library. The company doesn’t have a choice when it comes to that pitch because it is only publishing four games in all of 2017. Those include Halo Wars 2, Forza Motorsport 7, Super Lucky’s Tale, and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds for Xbox One. We explain some of the reasons why Microsoft has retreated from making its own games, and we talk about why it is probably still important to have a strong first-party lineup.
Additionally, we talk about the news and how Sonic the Hedgehog was never good regardless of Mike’s confusion.
- Sonic Mania
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, or Stitcher
- Listen on Cast
- GB Decides on Facebook
- Watch live on Twitch
- Watch on YouTube
- Subscribe to the RSS
- GamesBeat on Twitter
- GamesBeat Decides on Twitter
- JeffGrubb on Twitter
- Mike Minotti on Twitter
- Stephanie Chan on Twitter
- Jason Wilson on Twitter
- Anthony Agnello on Twitter
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties