If you are already connected to PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, don’t close the game because you may have issues getting back online. Bluehole Studio, the developer responsible for the popular last-person-standing shooter, revealed on social media that the servers for Battlegrounds are experiencing technical issues.
The servers are down, and we are investigating it. We apologize for the inconvenience.
— PLAY BATTLEGROUNDS (@PUBATTLEGROUNDS) August 27, 2017
Bluehole didn’t specify what the problems are, but it is working on getting Battlegrounds up and back online.
This outage is not affecting everyone equally. Some players are able to get online with almost no issues. Others are encountering repeated error messages.
Update at 2:15 a.m. PDT: The servers are starting to come back online.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties