A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Nintendo revealed during its Nindies stream today that Super Meat Boy Forever is coming to the Switch in 2018. The 2D side-scroller is the sequel to the hit indie game Super Meat Boy, which came out in 2010.
Earlier this year, developer Team Meat announced that the original Super Meat Boy is coming to the Switch, but news that the sequel (which was already coming to PC and mobile) is heading to Nintendo’s new system should be welcome news for fans of difficult platformers.
Unlike the original, which gave players full control of its heroes, Super Meat Boy Forever is an auto-runner. This means that Meat Boy is always moving, so the challenge comes from timing jumps and attacks to clear obstacles.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties