Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
Last week, everyone was mad at GamesBeat for posting a video of Dean playing Cuphead poorly. This week, it’s PewDiePie’s turn for … worse things. On this week’s episode of the GamesBeat Decides podcast, hosts Jeffrey Grubb and Mike Minotti talk about why PewDiePie is bad, why he keeps doing this, and why other YouTubers are sick of him. As part of the fallout from PewDiePie discussion, the podcast tries to figure out what this means for the future of copyright, DMCA law, and Fair Use protections on YouTube.
On top of that, Mike and Jeff get into some other headlines, like South Park’s difficulty slider giving your character darker skin, Battlegrounds hitting 1 million concurrent players, and Games Done Quick raising $227,000 for Hurricane Harvey relief.
The crew also dives deeper into Metroid: Samus Returns, Mario + Rabbids, and Super Mario 64 Online.
Here’s the full list of discussed games:
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
- Super Mario 64 Online
- GTA Online
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
- Metroid: Samus Returns
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, or Stitcher
- Listen on Cast
- GB Decides on Facebook
- Watch live on Twitch
- Watch on YouTube
- Subscribe to the RSS
- GamesBeat on Twitter
- GamesBeat Decides on Twitter
- JeffGrubb on Twitter
- Mike Minotti on Twitter
- Stephanie Chan on Twitter
- Jason Wilson on Twitter
- Anthony Agnello on Twitter
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties