After careful conversation with our sponsors and other supporters, we’ve decided to reschedule the GamesBeat Conference on October 5 and October 6, 2017 to April 9 and 10, 2018 at the Claremont Resort & Spa in Berkeley California.
GamesBeat Summit 2018 will host CEOs, investors, developers, marketing and technology executives, and brand owners. Attendees will gather with peers in a relaxed, resort environment at the beautiful Claremont Hotel. We’ll also use this event to debut our brand new Visionary Awards, recognizing one of the leaders of the game industry.
To buy tickets for GamesBeat Summit 2018, click here for an early-bird discount.
The majority of our speakers have confirmed that they can make our new conference dates and represent esports, mobile games, core games, venture investment, blockbuster games, marketing technology, and core industry analysis
On the esports side, our speakers include Gio Hunt, executive vice president of Blizzard Entertainment; Kevin Chou, CEO of KSV Ventures; and Yvette Martinez-Rae, COO of ESL Gaming America.
Our speakers who can address the lessons of the past and how they apply to the future include Ed Fries, former head of Microsoft Games Studios; Rand Miller, CEO of Cyan; and Perrin Kaplan, principal at Zebra Partners;
Financial speakers include Nabeel Hyatt, general partner at Spark Capital; Tim Chang, managing director at Mayfield Fund; Eric Goldberg, managing director of Crossover Technologies; Clinton Foy, chairman of the Immortals and managing director at Crosscut Ventures; Michael Metzger, investment banker at Houlihan Lokey; Gordon Rubenstein, managing partner of the Raine Ventures; and Mike Vorhaus, president of Magid Advisors.
We’ve got mobile game experts such as Chris Heatherly, head of games at NBCUniversal and Josh Yguado, chief operating officer of Jam City. And our other industry experts include Kate Edwards, head of Geogrify; Joost van Dreunen, CEO of Superdata Research; Dan Connors, CEO of Telltale Games; Steve Peterson; Jon “Neverdie” Jacobs, CEO of Neverdie Studios.; and Stephanie Chan, writer at GamesBeat.
And, we are pleased to announce that we have added some notable new speakers, including Michael Blank, head of mobile at Creative Artists Agency. More notable speakers are coming soon.
We are targeting game and tech industry CEOs, executives, marketers, investors, venture capitalists, and developers. Our sponsors for the event include Intel, Appodeal, Epic Games, and Streamlabs. We are in talks with many of our other speakers and sponsors to confirm their attendance, and we are also recruiting additional speakers.
We’ll explore themes like the Leisure Economy, the intersection of science fiction and games, and a look back to the retro days of gaming for the lessons that matter. The whole idea is to prepare you for the gaming trends of the future, based on observations from some of the smartest leaders of the industry. We’ll explore the Leisure Economy, which will arise one day as we all get paid to play games. Traces of this transformed gaming society are here today in the form of esports professional athletes, livestreamers and influencers, creators of user-generated content, blockchain miners, and developers of games with virtual economies.
It seems like a ridiculous idea, until you stop and think about it. Large numbers of young people get it. They can make millions amassing audiences as YouTube influencers or sell a ton of merchandise through their livestreaming accounts and get kickbacks. They can drop out of college and become pros at Destiny, League of Legends, Dota 2, or Overwatch. They are creating jobs that didn’t exist a generation ago. The theme of the Leisure Economy ties many of the different industry segments together.
- Nicole Lazzaro, CEO of XEO Design
- Nick Beliaeff, senior vice president at Spin Master
- Noah Falstein, chief game designer at Google
- James Zhang, CEO of Concept Art House
- Joost van Dreunen, CEO of SuperData Research
- Nathan Stewart, Dungeons & Dragons senior director, Wizards of the Coast
- Peter Levin, president of Lionsgate Interactive
- Ravi Belwal, Facebook Games
- Jamil Moledina, Google Play
- Sunny Dhillon, partner at Signia Venture Partners
- Michael Metzger, senior vice president at Houlihan Lokey
- Mihir Shah, CEO of Immersv
- Zvi Greenstein, general manager at Nvidia
- Gordon Bellamy, visiting scholar at USC
- Tadgh Kelly, Vreal
- Kate Edwards, former executive director at IGDA
- Tom Sanocki, CEO of Limitless
- Phil Sanderson, managing director at IDG Ventures
- Walter Driver, CEO of Scopely
- David Pokress, senior vice president at AdColony
- Mike Vorhaus, president of Magid Advisors
Topics will include:
- The Leisure Economy
- Intersection of sci-fi, games, and tech
- Building games for the platforms of tomorrow
- Creating a culture of inspiration and creativity
- The future of monetization
- Esports and building the community
- Deals: Follow the money
- Diversity and the expanding ecosystem
- China’s Westward journey
- The evolution of storytelling
- How far gaming has come
- Games with ridiculous computation
- Hollywood and games 2.0
- Changing player behavior
- Where to find new users
- Connecting influencers and advertisers
- Making intellectual property games work in mobile