Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
Nintendo revealed during its Direct event today that Square Enix is making an exclusive role-playing game for the Switch tentatively titled Project Octopath Traveler. It has you picking between eight different characters, each with their own stories and abilities. It is coming out in 2018.
A demo is out for the Switch today.
The game features 2D sprite-based characters with 3D backgrounds. It features turn-based, menu-based battles. Silicon Studio, which created Bravely Default and Bravely Second for the 3DS, is working on the game.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties