PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds studio Bluehole is beefing with Fortnite developer Epic Games because the former thinks the latter is too closely copying its game mechanics. To figure this out, we’re bringing together the finest minds in the games industry to shoot each other, and you can help by watching and playing along in tonight’s PUBG Family Dinner. Because, dammit! Someone has to solve this crisis!
Each Friday night, we livestream custom PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds matches on our Twitch channel. We do a combination of silly, dumb, and traditional rules, and the point is to have a good time. You are also invited to join as we will often open our servers up to viewers, so tune in if you want to shoot us — or you can just watch us in the video below.
Here are the details:
- #PUBGFamilyDinner streams live on GamesBeat’s Twitch channel as well as player channels. Follow GamesBeat on Twitch and turn on notifications to make sure you don’t miss the action.
- You can let people know you’re streaming from matches on Twitter using the hashtag.
- Matches start at 8 p.m. Pacific.
- Twitch chat is welcome to join.
- I give out passwords to the PUBG server on the stream and in chat.
- The PUBG custom-game room is always called “Doritos Influencer Zone.”
- Join the Extended Family Discord server to partner with other players.
Here’s the Twitch stream:
We invented playing PUBG, so I’ll have to consult my attorney if you play it without getting the proper license.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties