Did you miss GamesBeat Summit 2021? Watch on-demand here!
The Super NES Classic Edition is out this week, and we got our hands on one. On this week’s episode of the GamesBeat Decides podcast, host and PC gaming editor Jeffrey Grubb asks co-host and reviews editor Mike Minotti whether it lives up to the excitement.
We also talk about the news from the last week. Bethesda wants to get close with Nintendo and its fans. Game developers admit they’re afraid to speak out due to “toxic” gamer culture. Xbox boss Phil Spencer gets a promotion. And w easo talk about Monster Hunter: World and Nier: Automata.
In the second segment, Mike and Jeff spend a lot of time trying to determine what the “core” Mario games are. This is a pointless exercise that we take far too seriously. You should join us and share your list — but only if you agree with our opinions.
Games discussed this week:
- SteamWorld Dig 2
- Mystic Melee
- Thimbleweed Park
- Super Nintendo Classic Edition
You can listen to the podcast by clicking play here or on the YouTube video above (or you can subscribe using one of the links below):
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, or Stitcher
- Listen on Cast
- GB Decides on Facebook
- Watch live on Twitch
- Watch on YouTube
- Subscribe to the RSS
- GamesBeat on Twitter
- GamesBeat Decides on Twitter
- JeffGrubb on Twitter
- Mike Minotti on Twitter
- Stephanie Chan on Twitter
- Jason Wilson on Twitter
- Anthony Agnello on Twitter
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties