A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Sony has updated PlayStation 4’s firmware to version 5.0, and a lot of people are having trouble getting signed into PlayStation Network. But this is likely not due to any server troubles, and you can potentially fix this by following some easy steps to accept the new PSN terms & conditions — unless you’re encountering the “E-801809A8” error.
Can't log into PSN after the 5.00 update? You may need to accept new T&Cs from https://t.co/LgfKbgQHRS. Still doesn't work? Give us a shout!
— Ask PlayStation UK (@AskPS_UK) October 4, 2017
You can accept the new T&C two ways.
From the web:
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
- Go to this link.
- Sign into your PlayStation account with your username and password.
- Click “Agree.”
From your PS4:
- Go to settings.
- Go to Account Management.
- Go to Sign In.
- It should prompt you to agree to the new T&C.
This should solve the problem for many of you. If you are still encountering problems, like the aforementioned E-801809A8 error code, Sony is still investigating those issues. You shouldn’t hesitate to contact Sony if you are having other errors or problems, like this guy who just found that his 1TB PS4 says it only has 505 GB of total space.
How this occur and I am 1 TB edition pic.twitter.com/mva5w8sQGg
— Bassel ElGayar (@baselalaa44) October 4, 2017
We’ll update this post with any more information about the update causing headaches for a significant number of people.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties