Sony revealed Ghost of Tsushima during its Paris Games Week event today. It is a samurai game from Sucker Punch.
Sucker Punch has worked on Sony exclusives franchises like the stealth-platformer Sly Cooper and the superhero open-world series Infamous. Ghost of Tsushima will also feature an open world.
Introducing Ghost of Tsushima, the next open-world adventure from Sucker Punch Productions. pic.twitter.com/SDidqahsor
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) October 30, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima takes place during Japan’s feudal period. It focuses on a Mongol invasion on the island of Tsushima. Sony did not reveal a release window for the game.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties