Publisher Starbreeze and developer Behaviour Digital announced today that they’ve sold more than 3 million copies of their multiplayer horror game, Dead by Daylight.
Dead by Daylight launched for PC in June 2016. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One releases followed in June 2017. It features one player hunting down a team of four, following a format famous in many slasher movies.
In October, Dead by Daylight received downloadable content based on A Nightmare on Elm Street, which made horror icon Freddy Krueger a playable character. Michael Myers and Leatherface are also available via DLC.
Dead by Daylight is also about to reach a new audience, as the PlayStation 4 version launches today in Asian territories. This includes Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, Thai, and Malaysia.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties