Join GamesBeat Summit 2021 this April 28-29. Register for a free or VIP pass today.
I had forgotten all about Dreams, the build-your-own game world coming from Media Molecule. But it’s coming in 2018, according to a trailer shown at The Game Awards.
The seemingly endless trailer shows off the creations that developers have already created using the tools that Media Molecule is putting into the game. You’ll be able to play the Dreams that developers have created inside the game world, but you’ll also be able to use the tools to create your own games based on your own dreams.
It seems like it has taken forever to make this game, but if you look at the trailer, you’ll see it has endless variety.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties