A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has received a patch to give it new graphics options on the Xbox One X.
The open-world role-playing game came out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in 2015. Fans and critics praised it for its open landscapes and beautiful world, and the game managed to earn revenues of $250 million.
The Xbox One X patch helps the game look and perform better on Microsoft’s upgraded hardware. 4K Mode runs the game at that resolution at 30 FPS. Performance Mode uses dynamic resolution scaling that will go between 1080p and 4K while targeting 60 FPS.
The Witcher 3 had a similar patch earlier this year for the PlayStation 4 Pro. CD Projekt Red noted that it is working on another PS4 Pro patch that will add HDR support and tweaks “in the near future.”
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties