All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
The Cree will become one of their new playable factions in Civilization VI: Rise and Fall, the first expansion for the PC strategy game. Rise and Fall is coming out on February 6.
The majority of the Native North Americans live Canada. Poundmaker, who was chief of the Cree in the the late 18th century, serves as the civilization’s leader in the game. The Cree get the unique unit the Okihtcitaw, strong warriors and scouts that you can use early in the game. The Mekewap, a unique structure, can give them production, gold, food, and resource benefits. Poundmaker’s unique leader ability gives him increased shared visibility from allies.
Poundmaker is one of nine new leaders that will arrive with the expansion.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties