A new GamesBeat event is around the corner! Learn more about what comes next.
Twitch is launching its new Indie Amplifier program to signal boost indie games on its livestreaming platform. Twitch Prime members will be able to pick an indie game and get it for free. The platform has also partnered with the broadcasting company N3rdfusion to host a talk show interviewing the chosen game’s developers, and selected streamers will be broadcasting gameplay from that title for a month.
Prime members can choose from a list of indie titles, and voting closes on March 11. They’ll then receive a free copy of the top pick on March 15, which is when the talk show and streaming will begin. Twitch broadcasters SimCopter1 and DizzyKitten will be showcasing gameplay from the selected title, while N3rdfusion streamers Giantwaffle and Bacon_Donut will interview the developers on the Twitch Prime channel. The developers of the top three games will also share a $175,000 prize pool.
The initiative is pushing for more screen time for indie games. Most of the top viewed titles on Twitch are usually blockbusters: League of Legends, Fortnite: Battle Royale, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. The indies that have snuck on there, like PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, are massive successes.
The titles that Twitch Prime members will be choosing from are:
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
- Tales from Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation (BKOM Studios)
- Tumblestone (The Quantum Astrophysicists Guild)
- Treadnauts (Topstitch Games)
- High Hell (Terri Vellmann)
- I, Hope (Arconyx Studios)
- Shadow Tactics (Mimimi Productions)
- Kingsway (Andrew Morrish)
- SteamWorld Dig 2 (Image & Form)
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties