Did you miss GamesBeat Summit 2021? Watch on-demand here!
The Oasis Games studio announced today that the mobile action game Final Fantasy: Awakening is now available for iOS in the U.S. two weeks after its release on Android.
That Android release of Final Fantasy: Awakening already has 137,000 downloads. The free-to-play game first came out China (Oasis is in Hong Kong) in 2016. It came out in other Asian territories — including Taiwan and Malysa — in 2017.
Final Fantasy: Awakening is based on Final Fantasy: Type-0, an action role-playing game that came out for the PSP in 2011 in Japan. An HD version released for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in the U.S. in 2015. It has familiar Final Fantasy tropes, including magic and Chocobos, but with a focus on a special academy for fighters.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties