Nintendo confirmed that Okami HD is coming to the Switch, and it will take advantage of the the company’s hybrid device’s touchscreen.
Okami HD debuted on multiple platforms in December, and now the Switch version is scheduled to arrive this summer. Capcom’s title debuted originally on the Sony PlayStation 2 in 2006. It had some beautiful animated art, and it let you play as a sun goddess with the physical manifestation of a wolf.
You solved puzzles with brush strokes. With the Switch version, you can use touchscreen controls in handheld mode. The game will be out this summer on the Nintendo Switch eShop.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties