Join gaming leaders, alongside GamesBeat and Facebook Gaming, for their 2nd Annual GamesBeat & Facebook Gaming Summit | GamesBeat: Into the Metaverse 2 this upcoming January 25-27, 2022. Learn more about the event.
Bigscreen is only available on PC VR headsets such as the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and Windows VR platform, but that’s all about to change. Starting today, Bigscreen is starting its Alpha Testing signup phase for the Samsung Gear VR mobile version of Bigscreen.
The mobile edition of Bigscreen will eventually come to other platforms as well, such as Google Daydream and Oculus Go. If you want to signup for the Gear VR Alpha Test, you can do so at this link.
Bigscreen remains to be one of the best and most popular ways to use your desktop interface from inside of a VR headset. What sets it apart from the competition (such as Virtual Desktop) in that space is that it’s a multiplayer shared-room experience and it lets you access the entirety of your PC — not just web browsers or things in the cloud.
The 2nd Annual GamesBeat and Facebook Gaming Summit and GamesBeat: Into the Metaverse 2
January 25 – 27, 2022
As a result, Darshan Shankar, Bigscreen CEO and Founder has outline four main features for Bigscreen mobile:
- Public and private rooms with 4-12 people per room in cross-platform multiplayer, although mobile users can only join at this time, not create rooms yet,
- Attend live movie screenings such as Top Gun and Stargate,
- Eventually a video playaer so you can watch videos stored locally on your device. This will also support streaming soon too,
- And finally, there will eventually also be the aforementioned PC-to-Mobile desktop streaming as well, so you can access your entire Windows PC.
This story originally appeared on Uploadvr.com. Copyright 2018
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties