It’s time for another GamesBeat Decides podcast, because games are happening and someone has to figure out what the heck it all means.
On this week’s episode, hosts Jeffrey Grubb and Mike Minotti talk about Mike’s first Victory Royale in Fortnite that happened right before they recorded (just 19 more to go before he catches Roseanne Barr). Jeff turns into a prepper for Far Cry 5, which has him feeling conflicted. The industry is recovering from Game Developers Conference in San Francisco last week, and Mike shared some stories from the event. The crew also talks about the growing momentum for unions coming out of GDC.
Join us to talk about how bizarre the game industry is right now, won’t you?
You can listen to the audio version right here or download the episode by clicking this link:
Here’s everything we talked about this week:
- Far Cry 5
- Sea of Thieves
- The Messenger
- Guacamelee 2
- Wolfenstein 2
- Kirby: Star Allies
- Game Workers Unite
- Vivendi exits Ubisoft
- Valve has a lot of hardware fighting cheaters
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Play Music, Stitcher, or RSS
- Listen on Cast
- Watch live on Facebook, Twitch, or YouTube
- Follow us: GamesBeat on Twitter, GamesBeat Decides on Twitter
Talk to you next time, kiddos.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties