Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is going back into a testing phase as The PUBG Corporation invites fans to try out a smaller, unfinished map codenamed “Savage.” This new level is a quarter the size of Erangel or Miramar, which are the two existing maps that are live on the servers right now. To ensure that Savage is as good as possible when it goes live, PUBG Corp. is asking for your feedback on how it plays.
To get that feedback, the studio is going to hold a closed testing phase that starts April 2 at 7 p.m. Pacific time and ends April 5 at 4 a.m. Pacific.
To get in, you’ll need a code to get access to the experimental build of PUBG. And it just so happens that I worked out a deal with some of the folks at PUBG Corp. to give a handful of keys to some of my closest friends and family — that means you.
How to get a key for the PUBG Savage test
You have three ways to get a key from us at GamesBeat.
Three top investment pros open up about what it takes to get your video game funded.
We’ll hand out keys across some of our social channels, so follow us on these platforms for a chance to get one:
A better way to get a key is to show up tonight to watch the PUBG Family Dinner on Twitch. On most Friday nights, I play PUBG with a community of killers and wily survivors. During the stream tonight, you will have a chance to win a key by following my Twitch channel and watching live. Here are the details:
- Follow the Twitch home of the PUBG Family Dinner
- The Family Dinner starts at 8 p.m. Pacific time.
- Pay attention for instructions, which will involve sending a special word or keyphrase in for a chance to win a key
Finally, if you miss out on a key in our social feeds or you don’t watch the PUBG Family Dinner, you should tune into the live recording of the GamesBeat Decides podcast on Monday. Here are the details.
- Follow the GamesBeat Decides podcast on Twitch or follow it on YouTube
- Click the toggle to get notifications for when we go live on Twitch and YouTube
- Watch the episode live on Monday, April 2 at approximately 5 p.m. Pacific time
- I’ll give instructions early in that episode on how to enter for a chance to win a key
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties