Square Enix revealed during a Kingdom Hearts concert in Los Angeles today that Kingdom Hearts III will come out for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in the U.S. on January 29, 2019. We’ll learn more about this role-playing game Monday at the publisher’s 2018 Electronic Entertainment Expo briefing.
Kingdom Hearts is one of Square Enix’s most popular franchises. It has sold over 24 million games since the original launched in 2002. Kingdom Hearts II came out in 2006. Since then, the series has focused on spinoffs, portable games, and compilations/remasters.
— Kingdom Hearts (@KINGDOMHEARTS) June 10, 2018
Square Enix previously said that Kingdom Hearts III would come out in 2018, so this is a slight delay. But after such a long wait, an extra month isn’t too bad.
Kingdom Hearts III will come out in Japan a little earlier on January 25.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties