All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
Respawn showed off its upcoming Star Wars game during EA’s Play event today ahead of the 2018 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles. Vince Zampella, the cofounder of Respawn, announced at the event that the game will be called Jedi: Fallen Order.
You will play as a Jedi during the “dark times” between Episodes III and IV. This is when the Empire, and especially Darth Vader, are hunting down the remnants of the Jedi Order. It is not coming out until Holiday 2019, Zampella said.
EA did not show any footage of the game.
Respawn is the developer behind the Titanfall series of first-person shooters. EA bought Respawn last year for $455 million, and no doubt this game was one of the reasons they got together after years of having a publishing agreement.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties