Microsoft showed Crackdown 3 during its 2018 Electronic Entertainment Expo today in Los Angeles.
Crackdown 3 was supposed to come out for Xbox One and PC in 2016, but the open world game has faced multiple delays. The original Crackdown came out for the Xbox 360 in 2007 and sold over 1.5 million copies. Before E3 started, Crackdown 3 was one of the few Xbox exclusives we knew about.
Crackdown 3 is now coming out in February 2019.
A new trailer showed actor Terry Crews as a character in the game (which looks a lot like his real-life self). The trailer showed the over-the-top vehicles, weapons, and superpowers that the series specializes in, with Crews spouting off choice quotes such as “Somebody give me my jams” along the way. This included a gun that shoots out a dozen or so grenades.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties